Appendix A: Startup Checklist
- Open dome main shutter then the drop-out shutter (the E-stop must be disabled, red light off, for the dome shutter and drop out to work).
- Open and latch the dome exterior door.
Telescope & Instrument
- Open MIS dark hatch
- Leave the mirror covers closed until
ready to collect data, they are controlled via the TCS GUI.
- Fill instrument dewar with liquid nitrogen if required.
- Move the LN2 storage dewar, ladder,
etc. away from the telescope to the northeast corner of the platform.
the moving platform all the way down. Interlocks will prevent
telescope motion if the platform is not fully down. This is indicated
on the TCS GUI.
- All Programs that are needed should be running,
Telescope Control System [this should be running but if not go to the link below]
New TCS Control System
Updated: 2016Jun06 (Galayda/MDM)