Appendix B: Shutdown Checklist
- Stow the telescope at the zenith (HA=00 00 00 Dec=31 57 12).
Telescope Control System
- In the TCS GUI turn the track OFF by clicking track
- Send dome to the home position (51 deg.) via the TCS GUI (home) button.
Computers and Instrumentation
- Fill instrument dewar with liquid nitrogen if required.
- Leave the Linux workstations and X-windows running
including the TCS GUI and server.
- When did you last backup your data?
- Did you remember to turn off the dome flat field lamps if
MIS and Guider
- Close the MIS hatch.
- Verify that all the spectral lamps / flat field lamps are turned off.
Mske sure mirror covers are closed via the Mirror button in
the TCS GUI
- Check that the dome is at the home position (51 deg.) and contactors are aligned. If the
contactor box is mis-aligned:
- Rotate the dome manually from the dome control panel.
- Close the drop-out shutter first, then the main shutter.
- If they won't close or are intermittent, it is likely that the contactor
box is not
- Close all the dome doors
- Re-check that you turned off the LN2
storage dewar after filling
- Turn off all the lights. This a) saves money and b) keeps
the potential load on the generator, which may fail to start
automatically when too heavily loaded.
Updated: 2016Jun06 (Galayda/MDM)