20March Update: MDM Information Regarding Covid-19
Friday, March 20, 2020 6:54 AM
MDM Observatory is officially closed for science operations. The hope is that operations will resume some time around the first week of April, but that is, at this point, still up in the air. Thanks for your patience during this time. Do us a favor—stay home, enjoy your loved ones. Learn a new hobby. We’ll come through this at some point. Stay healthy, safe, and keep checking for updates.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Consider alternatives to shaking hands.
- Unless you are sick with cough, sneezing and fever, it is not advised to wear a mask.
Please check back frequently as this may be updated or revised as necessary. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation as we all work through the most appropriate way to navigate through these decisions.