01June Update: MDM Information Regarding Covid-19

Monday, June 1, 2020 12:34 AM

An update on operations has been issued by the Director of Mid-Scale Observatories.  As a tenant to Kitt Peak, we default to following decisions made by the mountain management.  In summary, it looks like we will not be getting back to science until at least 08June.  Decisions on reopinging Kitt Peak and the tenant Observatories are being made considering restrictions, limitations and recommendations made through the State of Arizona, Pima County, and the Tohono O’odham Nation.  Please bear with us as we await further information.  

In the meantime, please read through the document detailing changes in policy and protocol at MDM.  While we understand that it will likely be some time before visitors  once again arrive at our doors, we want to be prepared.  Reading this is required before visiting MDM.  Please understand as well that as the situation evolves, so will this document.  Feel free to email the MDM Site Manager with any questions, comments or concerns.  Link to document.

Stay safe.  Stay well.